The Postage Stamp Vegetable Garden by Karen Newcomb



Grow tons of Organic Vegetables in Tiny Spaces and Containers

I am not having a garden this year, I told myself as I considered the prospect of a first-time garden here where we are renting and the fact that we don't want to rent long-term.  Then I got this book!!!  At first-glance, I was rather disappointed.  I was expecting glossy pages and full-color pictures, but instead it is more papery with few two-toned pictures, but the content is great.

I didn't read the book, every line, every verse, but I read the basic gist of it and it made me excited to once again try some container gardening, this time using good soil, some compost, and even some manure.

One thing I really liked about this book is she took the common vegetables, gave them a rating for how good they are for a small postage stamp garden, gave how to plant them, what kinds are the best and some growing tips along with how to store them.  That would be very helpful I think, especially for first-time gardeners or even those who like to try new things and aren't sure how to plant and take care of them.

Karen also gives instructions on how to make your postage stamp garden, what kind of soil to use, how to water it, and how to make your own compost.  All in all, I found the book very helpful and interesting.  It gave me itchy fingers to have some fresh produce right here at home this summer.

This book was given to me by Blogging for Books for the purpose of reading and writing a review on it. All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee

PRECIOUS CHILD