Thursday, April 9, 2015

Only God Can Make a Kitten by Rhonda Growler Greene and Illustrated by Laura J. Bryant



This book is adorable.  By now, you all should know that I love children's books and books like this with a good message and clean, beautiful pictures can be hard to come by.  This is a children's book of rhyme about a little boy asking his mom who made the things he was seeing. For example:

"Mama, look!
A gift for you!
Who makes an iris
bloom so blue?

Then the mother answers him assuring him that only God can make a flower or a kitten or a seed, etc. etc.  The book says it is for ages 4-8, but I personally think a younger child could enjoy it as well.

I think the author does a great job of giving God credit for His creation.  The illustrations are very appropriate for the rhyme for that page.  The illustrations are a little, almost whimsical, maybe or old-fashioned, but that adds to the beauty of the book.  The mom is dressed modestly so I don't feel like I have to use a marker on her :)  and is being a good mom by taking the time to go on a walk with her children and answer her little boys' questions.  I'm not saying that the requirement to being a good mom  is taking your children on walks.

I loved the book and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a nice child's book.  It will go on my list of options if I need to buy a book for someone sometime.

This book was given me to review by Book Look Bloggers.  All opinions expressed are my own.

And now, the next post will also be a book review, but much harder to write than this one was. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Run with Me by Sanya Richards-Ross

The Story of a U.S. Olympic Champion I had never heard of Sanya Richards-Ross before I read this book, which I suppose is not that surpr...