Only God Can Make a Kitten by Rhonda Growler Greene and Illustrated by Laura J. Bryant



This book is adorable.  By now, you all should know that I love children's books and books like this with a good message and clean, beautiful pictures can be hard to come by.  This is a children's book of rhyme about a little boy asking his mom who made the things he was seeing. For example:

"Mama, look!
A gift for you!
Who makes an iris
bloom so blue?

Then the mother answers him assuring him that only God can make a flower or a kitten or a seed, etc. etc.  The book says it is for ages 4-8, but I personally think a younger child could enjoy it as well.

I think the author does a great job of giving God credit for His creation.  The illustrations are very appropriate for the rhyme for that page.  The illustrations are a little, almost whimsical, maybe or old-fashioned, but that adds to the beauty of the book.  The mom is dressed modestly so I don't feel like I have to use a marker on her :)  and is being a good mom by taking the time to go on a walk with her children and answer her little boys' questions.  I'm not saying that the requirement to being a good mom  is taking your children on walks.

I loved the book and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a nice child's book.  It will go on my list of options if I need to buy a book for someone sometime.

This book was given me to review by Book Look Bloggers.  All opinions expressed are my own.

And now, the next post will also be a book review, but much harder to write than this one was. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

Five Lies of our Anti-Christian Age by Rosario Butterfield