Praying Over God's Promises


 The Lost Art of Taking Him at His Word by Thomas R. Yeakley

I wasn't sure what this book would be like when I picked it up, but I have to agree with what Tom had to say in it.  You can't just randomly open the Bible, pick a verse and declare that your promise that God is going to fulfill.  But there are many promises in the Bible that can be applied to your life.

Tom talks about how there are conditional promises which may or not be applicable, but will have a specific action required on our part. "Delight thyself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." I must first delight myself in the Lord.

"God wants dependent children, not independent ones!" This is a quote from the conclusion and such a true statement and yet so hard to live out.  I want to depend on God; I try to depend on God, but it is so easy to think I have life under control and I forget to ask God to lead in my life. That is also why some of God's promises can feel unanswered as well.

This is a good book that I would recommend. From what I could tell it seemed Biblically correct.

This book was given to me by Tyndale Publishers for the purpose of reading and writing a review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee

PRECIOUS CHILD