Night night Sleepytown by Amy Parker; Illustrated by Virginia Allyn

Night Night, Sleepytown

I love Amy Parker's books. And I thought I had quite a few of them, but when I looked, I realized this was only my third one. However, I think why it sticks out to me so much is because one of my favorite children's books is by her: The Plans I have for You. I know this blog post is not about that book, but if you have a chance get that book. It's for a bit older children than this night-night series is, but still written in the same awesome rhyming style.

Okay, enough on that. This is the second book I own in the night-night series that Amy wrote and it's so cute. The books are a nice size for little hands, the cover has the softer plushy feel to it and the pages are board book thickness.

The illustrations are so cute: all animals out working in Sleepytown. When you have animals dressed up in human clothes walking around town,  it's hard to make them look too realistic, but you can so tell what the animals are and they are just so so cute.

And then story line is sweet. And I love the focus the book has on saying thank you.  Each double page spread talks about a person or group of people who do something for the town.  There's a four line poem outlining what they do and then at the bottom of the page, it says, for example, "Night night, farmers-- And animals too!  Thank you all for what you do."  I just think the focus on thanking the people around you is so good for this age of children. It helps to teach them from a young age to say thank you and to think of others.

I would recommend this book for ages 1 to 4 or so. I always think of board books being a little younger child based, but I try to be very picky with my books, so my one year old will not have much of a chance at independently looking at this book until he stops putting everything in his mouth.  But if you don't care about that, the brightly colored pictures and the size of the book would be perfect for that age group and on up from there, I think.

I received this book from Book Look Bloggers and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche