A Breath of Hope by Lauraine Snelling

A Breath Of Hope

Book two in the Under the Northern Skies Series

I really like this series. I like fiction books that are not just romance and fairy tale. I like books that get down to earth and are real and relatable. Yes I like fluff sometimes too, but these books here--I like them.

This is the story of a family who immigrated to Minnesota from Norway.  The first book told the story of Rune and his family and now this book is about his brother and sister that come over too. They live with their aunt and uncle, a crusty bitter angry old man who makes life extremely difficult for everyone. The aunt was like that too in the first book, but kindness won her over.

This book talks about their life in Minnesota. It wasn't an easy life, creating a home in the north with no modern convenience wouldn't be easy, but they persevere.  The family come to realize how much community can help and how people are willing to reach out and help if they are willing to accept.

I just really liked the down to earth story. It's a family striving to make life work, a family wanting to serve God. It feels more real to me, I guess, more ordinary. No boy meets girl and all problems are solved. People still had attitudes and unforgiveness in their hearts. People struggled to make a living. I hope you are getting my point by down. I just liked the book and am looking forward to any more books in this series that might be coming out.

Plus, the book I got was a lovely hardcover book with a dust jacket.  That certainly adds to the appeal right there.

I received this book from Bethany House and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

Five Lies of our Anti-Christian Age by Rosario Butterfield