Everything She Didn't Say by Jane Kirkpatrick

EVERYTHING SHE DIDN'T SAY

So this book provides a classic example of why it's always good to read more than one book by an author. This is the second book by Jane that I have read. The first one, when I looked at my review, I wasn't that impressed by. This book I loved. I can't explain the difference. Both books were based on true events and followed the life of a real life person, but one I enjoyed and one didn't do much for me.

Anyway, this is a memoir within a memoir of Carrie Adell Green Strahorn. She wrote a two volume memoir called "Fifteen thousand Miles by Stage." This is true. Jane took that memoir and created a fictional/true character. Basically she made her a bit more personable, trying to add in real thoughts and feelings.

Carrie was very happy to remain in her happy lane as she liked to call it. And truthfully, while she saw some amazing things in her life, I don't know that there are many women who are blissfully content to be moved from location to location at the whim of their husband, never having close friends, never having a home. They would settle in for awhile in a location, but if often seemed like her husband's poor financial decisions would soon cause them to fun fleeing, sometimes about literally in the middle of the night.

But I was impressed with Carrie's determination to try and make the best of the situation, to always look for the positive: "That's what I'm known for, being cheery in times of trial."

I really enjoyed the book and the style of writing used. And after reading this book, I will definitely be looking for more of Jane's books.

I received this book from Revell and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee