The Berenstain Bears God Made You Special by Mike Berenstain

The Berenstain Bears God Made You Special

Yup, another Berenstain Bear book and yup, I love it as much as I loved the other one I reviewed. This is a book for children ages 4-8, though I think younger and older ones can benefit from it.  It is the story of a special Bear named Tommy.  It doesn't say what disability Tommy had; just that he functioned on a lower age level than his actual age.  The purpose of the story is to express how God has made us all special regardless of our mental capacity or our physical ability.

The pictures were clear and followed the story line in an age appropriate manner.  I like pictures that are captivating and that can tell a story in themselves and this book accomplishes that.  I think Mike did a good job of getting his point across that God loves all of us and while some may seem to be "different" from us, they are still special in God's eyes and they still have something to teach us.  In this story, Tommy was always happy regardless of what else was going on.  I enjoyed the book and am looking forward to reading it to my daughter again someday when she can understand it.  I would recommend this as a good resource as well for helping our children to understand and appreciate the value of those "special children".  This book, I think, struck home a little more too as I remember the day of wondering if we were going to be the parents to a "special" child.

This book was given me by Book Look Bloggers for the purpose of reading and writing a review.  All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

Five Lies of our Anti-Christian Age by Rosario Butterfield