Monday, March 23, 2015

By Your Side by Candace Calvert

Product Details

This was a good chick flick.  The normal romance: girl with a tough past meets heroic police officer who helps to save her life at least once.  They fall in love and live happily every after.

However, I did enjoy the writing style and enjoyed the feel-goodness of the story.  While I am well aware that real life is not so cut and dried and not always so dramatic and definitely doesn't always have such a "happily ever after" feel, it was a well-written story.

I especially enjoyed it because of the medical aspect of it.  I enjoy reading stories about nursing even if they aren't true stories.  Candace was an ER nurse, so I felt that the medical side was portrayed pretty accurately.

As far as: what can I take away from the story and apply to my life? I think the one thing would be to be thankful for parents, for having a home.  Macy was a foster child after her mother died.  Before that they lived in the car.  Her dad wanted nothing to do with her and wrote her off with a substantial check.  It makes me grateful for a nice home to grow up in.

I am looking forward to reading the other two Candace Calvert books I have that I haven't read yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the Gift by Ann Voskamp

Let your brokenness be turned into abundance Broken, something none of us like to be, but if we want to love and live and love and live ...