Thirsty for More by Allison Allen

Thirsty for More: Discovering God's Unexpected Blessings in a Desert Season

Discovering God's Unexpected Blessings in a Desert Season

I feel like there's something I need to be learning right now. Yesterday, I posted my review of "Silencing Insecurities" and to me at least, this book is great one to read next. This is a journey to more fully know God and to be more fully known, a journey to intimacy, strength, and blessing that comes only by walking first through the desert with God at our side.

Allison recounts her desert experience of being couch bound for three months and the way God used that time to point out things in her life that she needed to change. She points out the blessings that can come out of the desert. Some of the best wine and grapes are grown from grapevines whose roots go deep and whose plants have had some water stress or lack of water. Where can this happen? In a desert. It was interesting to me.

"Gather daily. Feast daily, Trust daily."

"What sustained us yesterday cannot sustain us today...And it is the bread we gather daily that will meet the ned and the hunger of each new day."

"Remember that the things at the top of your to-do list will never be more important than the people on your to-love list."

I just really enjoyed this book and I was reminded again that a close walk with God regardless of our external circumstances is the key to thriving, but sometimes it might take a walk through the desert to experience the full rich blessings of life and God.

I received this book from Revell and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche