Second-Chance Dogs Edited by Callie Smith Grant

Second-Chance Dogs: True Stories of the Dogs We Rescue and the Dogs Who Rescue Us

True Stories of the Dogs We Rescue and the Dogs Who Rescue Us

This book is a compilation of 36 dog stories. Most of these dogs were dogs that were rescued, either from the side of the road, a foster dog system, etc. The stories then go on to show how they helped their owners, either by just being a companion when they most needed one, saving their lives in a literal physical sense, or just being a big help in alerting them to trouble, etc.

I found the stories quite interesting: the lengths people go to save dogs that have been abandoned. I don't think I had any idea that there was such a thing as a foster dog system. I especially liked the stories of the dogs who were active physically in protecting their owners or the dogs who overcame their own fear when it was to help their owners.

While I am not a dog person, as in kissing and petting and hugging and having a dog in the house, etc. I was a little saddened that people would just abandon their dogs to their own fate, whatever that might be. That is mean. And while I am not likely to ever adopt a rescued pet, I have respect for those that do.

If you have a dog lover in your family, this would make a good gift for their birthday or Christmas. It's nice in that it is a lot of short stories so you can pick up and read for five minutes and read a full story or two.

I received this book from Revell and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche