Wait for Me by Susan May Warren

WAIT FOR ME

This is book number six in the Montana Rescue Series and from what I gathered, this is the last book in the series. I think this is the third one I read, so you don't have to read them in order to get the story being told, but I'm thinking there would be some things that would make more sense if you did read them in order from the prequel through book six.

This book, Wait for Me, was a little over the edge for me. The whole book took place in less than a week and was pretty much full of sappy love scenes (nothing R rated) and full out running away from the bad guy. I don't like to give spoilers, so I will just say I found it a little hard to believe that everything that happened in this book could actually happen to a person and they all would survive.
I think, for me, this book seemed a bit unrealistic and a little too much romance.  But I haven't tried to survive in the wilderness and I know the fight for survival is definitely strong, so I don't want to say it is impossible.

However, I will say, it does hold your attention as you are sure that you know who the bad guy is in the story, but then towards the end, you are completely surprised and then when you are left with a final surprise again. So there are some unexpected twist and turns in the mystery aspect of the book. The romance aspect is exactly as you suspected from about the first page on.

The other thing I want to add here is something that Susan said in her Author's Note that resonated with me: "I wanted to write a story about a woman who just didn't want to cause any more problems, didn't want to hurt anyone else, who just wanted everyone to be happy. The problem is, we can't please everyone, and when we try, we end up making a mess. The best thing we can do is live in truth, love others well, and trust in a God who loves us enough to fix our messes." And then for the hero he "turned into a guy who modelled the reckless love Christ has for us. Even when we break his heart, he just can't turn away from us....We need to remember this when we look at our mistakes, our messes, and our failures." Looking at the book from that perspective did change it a bit for me, because it is true. We can't please everyone and it's a mess if we try. And God is waiting to help us if we will rely on Him, which is where the main characters came to at the end of the book.

I have read some of Susan May Warren's other books and I would suggest if  you are new to her writings that you start with the Christiansen family series. It's another series of six, plus the prequel, about a family in Deep Haven, MN.  It has the usual romance for each child in the family, but it is full of lots of other things too. They are the best books I've read by her so far. Anyway, that's my plug there.

I received this book from Revell through NetGalley and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee