A Sparkle of Silver by Liz Johnson

A SPARKLE OF SILVER

Ha, this book was so the opposite of the last book I read. This book was fluffy and fun and did not require any brain stretching.

Two people, desperately needing money are looking for a treasure and, of course, they find each other.  There was more to the story, but that is the gist of it. There were a couple pages of some good solid advice from the grandma who was in and out of dementia and I will write some quotes from her at the end, but mostly it was the story of the hunt for the treasure and excerpts from the journals that guided them to the right spot.

Now, I don't want to give away any more spoilers about what, if anything, the treasure contained. I will say the reading was easy, not extremely thought provoking, so it was a nice read while exercising or around my children because I didn't need to concentrate. If I had anything negative to say it was that the book was a little too romanced focused maybe and too concerned about how the romance books did it and how that didn't seem to play out in real life or, in this case, another romance book. I don't know if that made any sense or not.

Some quotes: "She stole no such thing. That's life. The struggle and scraping. The figuring out how to find joy in the midst of pain. That's the good stuff."  "Money isn't what provides for you. Money is a tool. God---...God is the one who provides. Let him take care of you."

I think this is the first book I have read by Liz Johnson. I don't know that it will be my last, but I also can't say it was a "Wow, I have to read more by this author" kind of book either. Though I will say, the piecing together of clues was a fun read.

I received this book from Revell and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee