Things I Never Told You by Beth K Vogt

Things I Never Told You by Beth Vogt

Grief, loss, family dynamics, guilt, and no belief in God is the premise of this book. Lost and lonely,  feeling responsible for her twin sister's death, hiding in guilt for many years and sabotaging relationships and the result is a depressed young lady that struggles with panic attacks.

Beth weaves an interesting story together combining all of these things, but the story isn't finished yet. There are more books to come in this series. Payton hasn't found God yet, though she's starting to be interested. Her sister hasn't fought and overcome her big challenge in life though she has been willing to face her fears and move forward. But progress has been made.

While it's somewhat sad to come to the end of a book and not have all of the questions answered and the loose ends tied up, it's exciting to have another book or two or three to look forward to. I really liked the way Beth tells a story, I can't really put it into words, but I would recommend reading her books. Yes, there's some romance, but not that much. You can tell it's coming, but it's not a strong point of the book. Payton's search for a greater meaning in life is the big point of the story.

I just really enjoyed the book.

I received this book from Tyndale Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee