River to Redemption by Ann H. Gabhart

River To Redemption by Ann H. Gabhart

A cholera epidemic has stripped Adria Starr of her family. A kind black slave buried them and made sure she had a place to live. Years pass and now there is the potential husband that Adria can't quite commit to and there's the "scoundrel" Logan Farrell, who rescues her from a runaway horse.  Don't you see the story shaping up? I'm guessing you already have it figured out how the book will end. I had. But then I was wrong.

The black slave is going to be sold and the community comes together to help him, but no more info there. I don't want to spoil the whole story.  Logan Farrell ended up being....well, I don't want to give away too much of the story.  Let's just say the story does not end up with the hero running off with the second runner up hero.  It totally surprised me and I loved it.

The theme of the book is pray believing. And that is a challenge. How often do I pray, but don't really expect any changes? I want to try to do better at that.

I love reading fiction, but so often you can predict what the ending will be by the end of about the third chapter and the rest of the book is just seeing how the drama plays out, because there's always drama.  But this book didn't end like that and that was refreshing.

The book did sort of end and leave the reader hanging wondering what is going to become of Adria. I'm not sure there is a follow up book coming, but I think there should be.

I think this might be the first book I have ever read by Ann, but will definitely be looking for more of hers to read.

I received this book from Revell and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee