Big Trucks Getting the Job Done Together, Illustrated by Sergio De Giorgi

Big Trucks: A Touch-and-feel Book: Getting The Job Done Together by Thomas Nelson



A dozer, a digger, a crane and a dump truck work together to get the job done. Written in rhyme, it reminds me a bit of the book "Little Blue Truck", if you have read that one. This one is much smaller, but it has the "Screech! Roar! Broom!" element that makes it fun to read.

This book is also a touch and feel book. There is sand, blacktop, rubbery tires, glass/mirror reflection, etc. I'm a fan of touch and feel books and I think this book did a pretty decent job with getting some good touchy feely elements in it.

This is a board book. The pages feel pretty sturdy, but not like they will hold up to teething babies and toddlers.  The book is about an 8x8, so big enough for little hands to hold, but not so big as to be hard to handle.  The equipment all have faces and are in the little children's style of not quite being true to life, but yet close enough to recognize.

I would recommend this book for ages 1 to 3 based on the board book style, but the actual writing might be for even older children who love big equipment and construction books. I am planning on giving this to my son for his first birthday, but I don't think he will get the full enjoyment of the book until maybe closer to 18 months or two years.

I received this book from Book Look Bloggers. I was not required to write a positive review. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

April Reads

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee