With Love, From Me to You by Mary Manz Simon



Illustrated by Corinna Ice

This is an adorable little board book.  It has 9 pages and is about the size of an 8x8 book.

It's the story of loving and being kind and it gets its message across. I read it to my almost three year old and when I finished, I asked her what the book was about. "Wuv" she said. "Score" I thought. It's all rhyming which gives books huge brownie points. I could wish all children's books were rhyming books, but I know that's not really realistic.

It points out that while a red heart is the universal sign of love, that we can send that same message by what we say and do. For example, "When I see someone sitting who might be rather shy, I'll smile to help him feel good and wave a friendly 'Hi!'". It also points out that we should show love and kindness all year round, it's not just reserved for Valentine's Day. And finally, the book points out that we can feel God's love inside us when we show love and kindness to others.

So if you are looking for a book for your children for Valentine's Day, this would be a great option. It has a great message, is a board book for your littler ones and a good story line to keep the interest of those a bit older.

The illustrations are colorful and fun. Corinna Ice, the illustrator, has made this statement, "I use my heart and brush to pain the world." And she has done a nice job of it. While the animals are not realistic looking, they are cute and sweet and just go along so good with the story.

I received this book from Book Look Bloggers and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee

PRECIOUS CHILD