Ten Little Night Stars by Deb Gruelle



Illustrated by Gobi Murphy

Remember the Raggedy Ann and Andy stories? This book was written by that author's great-great-grand niece. Obviously the ability to write a good story is hereditary!! :) :)

This is a lovely little rhyming board book in a padded hardcover about 8x8 in size, I would guess. It takes a group of animals from starting to get ready for bed until they are ready to sleep. I believe each page except the last two have a different animal on them. There is only one star in the sky when they start to get ready for bed and when they are tucked in and ready to sleep, there are ten. It is all rhyming and each rhyme leads into the next number.

The illustrations are very nicely done as well. The animals are not real to life, but you can tell what they are. The colors are bright and bold and each bedroom has different decor and colors. The illustrations match the story line of that page.

This would be a great book for learning to count with as it has a nice little poem and one more star on each page, plus it's fun to sit down and read. I read it three times back to back when I read it to my almost-three-year old and I think I could have read it more.  She also sat down later and looked at the whole book again.

This would make a great gift for ages 18 months or so up until 4 or 5. I'm not sure when they would tire of it. Possibly even school age as it would be easy reading, but the plot would be below their level I would think.

I received this book from Book Look Bloggers and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

April Reads

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee