War Room



From the Creators of Fireproof and Courageous
War Room
Prayer is a Powerful Weapon

A Novelization by Chris Fabry
Based on the motion picture by Alex Kendrick and Stephen Kendrick

What can I say, the Kendrick brothers and Chris Fabry have done it again.  I have loved every one of Chris' books that I have read and enjoyed every movie I've watched by the Kendrick brothers and this one is no exception.

I actually feel that God has had a big hand in directing my review book picks lately.  I have been blessed and challenged by so many of them lately and this one hit me between the eyes.  The focus of the book/movie is prayer.  Clara Williams is an older lady who has a war room, her prayer closet, where she has lists of names of people she is praying for.  She storms heaven's gates and laughs at the Devil at each defeat he experiences.  She senses that Elizabeth Jordan needs something from her and commits her to prayer.  Through Clara, Elizabeth senses her own need of learning to pray and creates her own prayer closet.  She wants her husband, Tony, to change: to be more loving, more present, less angry.  In the process, she realizes that she is also the one being changed and while it is not always a pleasant process, the end result is amazing.  Tony does change, but not without losing his job and entertaining thoughts of another woman to take Elizabeth's place.

One quote from Clara from the book: "Elizabeth, you got to plead with God so that He can do what only He can do, and then you got to get out of the way and let Him do it."  How true.

The book was just a good challenge and reminder for me to spend time in prayer, to pray for the needs around me and right now the needs feel overwhelming and then also to step back and let God work, but be willing to extend grace and forgiveness to those around me.  God has forgiven me so much, how can I do any less.

The movie is coming to theaters on August 28 and I can only imagine it is going to be as good as the book and as good as the other movies they've put out.  You can go to the movie website here to get more information.

This book was given me by Tyndale Publishers for the purpose of reading and writing a review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee

PRECIOUS CHILD