Change of Plans

So life or babies have a way of turning your plans upside down. I had been struggling to get enthused about making food for our church fellowship meal tomorrow. Finally, thought I had it narrowed down to a hotdish concoction of meat on the bottom, then some sliced potatoes, cheese sauce, then veggies and then cheese across the top. You know it's a requirement for all good church hotdishes to have cheese on them. Anyway, this was my own made up thought because everything I wanted to make needed the oven and our group at church has a tendency to do oven dishes and then we run out of oven room. So that was going to be the main dish and then I was going to make a Coconut Cream Meringue Pie and a Old-Fashioned Custard Pie in keeping with my pie tradition.
But instead, I am here at work. The roasts that I put in the crock pot this morning are at home merrily cooking away and I am just hoping they are not burning to a crisp or drying out to some chewy leather. The Pies? Well, I don't know. I had changed my mind about the pies because I realized I couldn't put anything in the oven because I didn't know when I would have to go to work. So I bought some stuff and was thinking of making Pink Lemonade Pie. But who knows? I never made it home yet. It's 2:30 in the afternoon, the lady is in the very early stage of labor and doesn't want any unnatural assistance. So maybe we will just come home for lunch tomorrow because I won't have gotten anything made. Now, if someone would bring me a pie plate, some graham crackers, and a recipe; maybe I could make the Pink Lemonade Pie. I have 2 cans of concentrate and 3 cool whips here. What kind of dessert could I make with that? I suppose there won't be any fresh frozen yogurt or pizza for supper either at this point.

Now, I realize that last paragraph sounded rather whiny; I don't mean it to. This is my life and I love it. I enjoy helping bring babies into the world. Granted, I would like to do it on my time table rather than this more unknown time schedule; but this is what I have chosen and I will enjoy it. Time and a half, after all.

How involved is God in the little things? By a random notion, I suggested to Dave that we do Subway for lunch. I had to go to Marshfield to take some lab work into the clinic there; we caught lunch in Spencer and as I was getting gas I got the call to come to work. I was much closer this way and I also got a good meal in. Dave is also working this afternoon, so we aren't missing quality family time. And God is a Great Provider.

Speaking of family time: we don't really have any anymore. I work day shifts like normal people; at least I normally do. Dave works evenings from 6-10. I'm about falling asleep til he gets home about 10:30 or 11. We speak a few words and then fall asleep; dragging myself out in the morning in time to leave for work at 8. If I am really industrious, I will even make breakfast. This isn't every night, but about 3-4 out of a week. While being very grateful that Dave has work, the evenings can get just a bit long by the time 9 or 9:30 comes around.

Okay, well I suppose I better move on to a new project before everyone gets tired of reading this long epistle. Almost wish I would have brought my book, but I suppose I can try to finish reading a profitable book I have here to read that would potentially assist me in my nursely duties.

Farewell to you all and hope your afternoon is lovely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

Five Lies of our Anti-Christian Age by Rosario Butterfield