Who Do You Say That I AM? by Becky Harling

WHO DO YOU SAY THAT I AM?: A Fresh Encounter for Deeper Faith by Becky Harling, Becky

An 8-week Bible Study for a Fresh Encounter for Deeper Faith

I love these Bible study books and have been collecting them way faster than I have been getting through them.  There's something about a pretty book with Bible reading, thoughts, questions to answer, etc. that makes me happy and, more importantly, gives me a focus for my personal devotions.

Becky says this in her intro: "I wrote this Bible study for those of you who want to know, love and trust Jesus more deeply-- and for those of you who have questions about who Jesus really is and are asking, 'Is He really who He says He is?'"

There are four sections to each week: Explore, Reflect, Memorize, and Praise.  Explore is a guided study of a passage or passages where Jesus says, "I Am".  There are also references to the Strong's Concordance.  Reflect is a section for personal growth and honesty. Memorize is just that, memorizing Scripture. And Praise is a section devoting to praising an element of Christ's character.

A few questions/statements I noted as I looked throughout the book: "Look up the following verses. Next to each reference, write a word that best describes God's love based on that Scripture." This is under the day titled "What Does Perfect Love Look Like?"

Another one: "What does it mean to you, personally, that the Good Shepherd laid down His life for you?" This same day's study has you listening to "Shepherd" by Bethel Music and Amanda Cook.

This study looks very engaging and interesting and appears to have great potential for spiritual growth if you are willing to be honest and dig deep. I am looking forward to adding it to my list of Bible studies I want to do.

I received this book from Moody Publishers and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche