The Clutter Fix by Shannon Acheson

 


The No-Fail, Stress-Free Guide to Organizing Your Home

It was a good time to read this book as I was in the middle of my own decluttering project. For me, I didn't find it to be anything super new or super eye-opening. Reading about the organizing personalities was interesting. I am a nothing out, more detailed organizer and I definitely live with everything out, less detailed organizers. 

Shannon also gives a list of clutter personalities and while I really couldn't identify with any one in particular, it was interesting to read about. I think I would identify most with the wishful thinker and maybe some memory keeper in there as well. 

The biggest takeaway for me from this book were the routines. Establish daily, weekly, or monthly routines or habits that keep the house looking organized with minimal effort. I also could use some help on the electronic decluttering.

For me, I love organizing and so it is not an overwhelming thing for me. Because of the nature of my work, summer is my over-the-top busy time and the house falls into shambles and so every fall, organizing, decluttering and cleaning is a top priority. My hope is that perhaps, with a few routines established I can prevent the complete free fall into chaos next summer.

I received this book from Bethany House and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche