You Can Stay Home With Your Kids! by Erin Odom

You Can Stay Home With Your Kids!: 100 Tips, Tricks, And Ways To Make It Work On A Budget by Erin Odom

100 Tips, Tricks and Ways to Make it Work on a Budget

Let me start by saying this is a lovely little gift book. I love the vibrant colors. The inside accents are navy and orange and it just seems out-of-the-box to me and I just  love it. It also comes with a ribbon marker which is very nice as well. Now, it's definitely a gift book size, but I would recommend some caution with just randomly giving it to people. Giving someone a how-to book on something they may not be interested in could cause an offense, but if you know of someone who really does want to stay home with their kids but isn't sure how they can afford it or even someone who is already at home, but talks about budgeting and making ends meet, this could be the perfect gift for them. My advice is to exercise some caution here!!

The book is divided out into a few different categories including: curb spending, eat well on a budget, DIY household products, shop secondhand and sales, and a couple more. Within these different categories, Erin provides some tips for cutting expenses, such as dropping Cable if you have TV, dropping subscription services, esp if you really don't need the item anymore or don't really use it, waiting before you purchase to make sure it really is something you want and will use. She gives a few recipes for cleaning products, etc you can make at home for much cheaper, with a lot of the ingredients being cheap and easily available. She talks about shopping Craig's List, gives alternatives to glasses and contacts other than just purchasing through the optometrist's office, etc.

She also has a section about creating more income and gives some ideas of things a mom could do from home that would help generate income to help counter expenses.

I enjoyed the book. We are in a season in which I am a stay at home mom and we are trying to really cut expenses and generate more income, so it was an interesting read. I would say for the most part, I do a lot of the things she mentioned, but I want to see about making some of the DIY cleaners next time I need a cleaning solution and also check out some of the options for buying contacts and seeing if I can get them cheaper.

I received this book from Book Look Bloggers, but was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee