The Lacemaker by Laura Frantz

The LACEMAKER

The setting is just prior to the Revolutionary War, Lady Elizabeth is the daughter of a Tory who treats her with contempt. He escapes in the night, leaving her to fend for herself. I don't want to say much more because it would give the story away too much.

This was the second of Laura's books that I have read and I liked it better than the first one. Lady Elizabeth who goes by Liberty has courage and strength and is willing to take risks for the good of the cause she believes in. She believes God is able to protect her.

And, of course, Noble Rynallt is all that is desired in a hero who sweeps in. He's a Patriot but rescues a Tory and saves the day. There is, of course, more to it than that, but I can't give away too many spoilers.

As far as depth to the book, there was some, but I didn't walk away really inspired. I was impressed with Liberty's courage in the face of danger and her strength of character that allowed her to do menial work even though she was raised as a daughter of privilege.

I received this book from Revell and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

Five Lies of our Anti-Christian Age by Rosario Butterfield