I Think I Missed my Calling

Orange Pear Apple Bear
Apple Bear Orange Pear
Orange Bear Apple Pear
Pear Bear Apple Orange
There

I think I should write children's books. After reading one book like that above few sentences, I'm pretty sure I could do it?  Or how about this?

Have you seen my duckling? Followed by a blank page or two showing the duckling hiding. Then Have you seen my duckling and so on and so forth until the end of the book where of course the illustration shows the duckling reunited with its mother.

I'm not sure what I would write about. Maybe I could write a book called "Have you Seen my Sanity?" and on the no word pages, I could have a picture of a hidden brain for the children to find.

If that's too scary, how about Goat, Goat, Cow. It would go something like this: goat goat cow, baa-baa-moo. horse, sheep pig, neigh-baa-oink. That idea isn't original with me. I saw it in a book called Chicken Chicken Duck.

Another idea might be Snow. Snow is white. Snow falls down. Snow covers ground. Snow is pretty. Snow is cold. Snow melts. It snows again.

I don't know, what do you think?

I have been getting a lot of books from the library these days based on the animal we are currently reading about. Bunny, bear, duck, I'm not sure which one will be next. With each animal, we are learning a Bible verse, reading some stories, learning a color, and a character trait (hopefully). Anyway, that's beside the point, except to say we don't really learn facts about the animal. And that is leading me down a bunny trail (pun intended) to remembering that I am an Usborne consultant with some of the neatest little beginner books about some of these animals, like Baby animalsBears, and Eggs and Chicks . Guess what I'll be thinking about buying next month. I have the Baby Animals one, but that's it. Amber is a sponge and can remember things she maybe ought not to, so why not teach her animal facts.

Okay, back to the subject at hand. we have been getting a lot of books from the library and I have been amazed at what can get published. I am not kidding about the Apple Pear Orange Bear book or the Chicken Chicken Duck, etc. And I think to myself, I could do this. All I need is the talented illustrator or not so talented depending on your tastes. So maybe as I spend this month thinking about goals and projects for 2018, I should put "write a children's book" on my list.

January, February, March, January, February March, April, May June: How am I doing so far? Each page could have a little illustration of a holiday that goes with each month. Best seller?  Let me know if you want to buy one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee

PRECIOUS CHILD