The Whatif Monster


This is the book I was talking about in my last blog post. If you are afraid of the future, anxious about all the what ifs in life, then you need this book. It's so true

Some Whatif Monsters like to hang out, and fill up our heads with worry and doubt.
They are sneaky and quiet and quick as a blink, the words that they whisper can change how we think.
Jonathan James heard those words full of dread and all those "what ifs" got stuck in his head.
What if it's hard?
What if you're bad?
What if they laugh and make you feel sad?
What if it's yucky? What if it's icky?
What if Mom yells because you're too picky?
What if you lose? What if you're last?
What if you're slow and never get fast?
And then the tune changes. "But what if you're wrong?" asks Jonathan James
What if I climb to the top of that tree, and I never slip or skin up a knee?
And what if baseball is nothing but fun, and I end up hitting a triple home run?
And what if the chance that I take in the end, is just how I find my very best friend?

Isn't this book so true? We can let the what ifs in life paralyze us from trying anything new, when what if this new thing would be something we excel at or enjoy or allows us to make new friends. So when I am tempted to be afraid and not want to get out of my comfort zone, I need to remember, what if.

This book is available here . There is also a plush you can get to go with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee