Fears


So after my last post, someone said to me, I didn't know you had so many fears or something to that effect. Ha, if they only knew. That probably only touched a small portion of them. I was thinking of doing a series on the fears we can have. Fear of losing someone close. Fear of illness. Fear of being a bad parent. Fear of being a bad wife. Fear of failure. Fear of success. The list could go on and on. 

I was looking through my October pics to find a picture to put on here, because hey pictures are nice. I wasn't really looking for anything that went with what I was going to write about and then I saw this picture. Acorns. Tiny little round guys with funny hats scattered all over the ground this time of year. I wonder if they have fears. Do the look down from the branch they are hanging on and freak out over how far it is to the ground? Do they cling to the tree a little longer because they are afraid to take the leap or the drop? 

And once they hit the ground, do they sit there awhile grumbling and complaining and nursing their sore seats and wondering why they couldn't have just stayed up there in the tree where it was comfortable? Do they just lay on the ground with a poor me attitude and do nothing? Or do they get busy trying to grow another beautiful oak tree? 

What about me and my fears? Do I allow my fears to paralyze me or do I allow them to push me to greater heights on this journey of life? Do I fear too much what people will think and so I make disclaimers and side notes to explain why I do what I do, when in reality, nobody probably really cares anyway. Or do I just push down a little more and try to grow my roots a little deeper in Jesus so that I can grow tall and strong and withstand the wind that blows my way, so that I can rise above my fears to face each day secure in who I am and in whom I believe?

Fear will also want to take over. I'm guessing I will always have that niggling in the back of my mind, what if, what if, what if? But what if the worst case scenario doesn't come true? What if God is so much stronger than my fears? That's not a what if question, that is the truth.

So this post went a total different direction than I planned when I clicked New Post, but I'm okay with that. I think I should get a few acorns to put around my house to remind me. And I'm not finished completely with this topic. 

As some of you know, I have become an Usborne consultant and one of the things I want to do on my blog occasionally is showcase a book I really like. Showing lots of pictures and small snippets of the story line. There's a book that goes along really well with this whole fear thing and how it can cripple you if you let the what ifs take over. So next up will be Jonathan James and the What If Monster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

April Reads

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee