Bathrooom Humor

Yes, I know, what a title. My last post, I lambasted an author for using bad language and then I start out this post with a title like that!!  Trust me, I think it's mostly clean, this post that is. It's just something that struck me funny in a bathroom last Sunday.

It was nursing home singing last Sunday for our group and "Pat ourselves on the back," NOT, we actually went. I won't say how many times we've gone since we moved back, let's just say my uncle could count them on his left (I think that's the right hand) hand. Are you confused? Me too, so don't worry about it. The family that knows my uncle might be able to figure it out and the rest of you--it's not important.

Anyway, back to the topic. I went to use the bathroom in the nursing home. It was a public bathroom, but remember this is a home for OLD folks. Two things struck me funny in the bathroom. First off this picture. I tried to actually put the picture on my blog, but I can't get it to work.  Well, that's a nice reminder that you should wash your hands because yes I am not interested in keeping 1 followed by 12 zeros germs on my hands; but then again touching poop is not something I try to do in public bathrooms, or anywhere really for that matter. But thank you just the same, because I am sure there might be invisible poop that I could accidentally touch.  This sign would seem much more fitting in a resident's room, especially in the room of someone who isn't quite as capable of handling their hygiene needs, but still think they are capable. Okay, enough of that.

The other thing that struck me funny was one of those sanitary napkin dispensers hanging on the wall. Yes, I know it was a public bathroom, but it was an old folks' home public bathroom. I don't think too many of them would be using those things anymore, but maybe a visitor would. Anyway, the think that made me laugh was the brand name was "Free Choice". Well great, how nice, it's free choice, but out of two options. You can pick thin maxi or a round tubey thing. Definitely free choice, but it should make the decision process easy because when you go to Walmart for those things, you can have a whole aisle to choose from. So is free choice anytime you have more than one option? Can you give some the choice of two things and call it free choice and what about the options of "take it or leave it"? Is that free choice too? I'm sure I could draw some kind of spiritual analogy from this if I thought hard enough, but I don't have it in me today.

Okay, that's my wacky humor for the week and I'm pretty sure it's not going to be as funny to anybody else as it was to me at the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee