Hello

I'm back again. It's been a really, really good week. There is only one thing that will totally complete and that should happen in the next hour. D is coming. I have been at my parents since Wednesday evening and I am really, really ready to see D. I could dance around the house in my excitement about him coming, but I have refrained. I am trying to maintain a more "mature level of excitment."

I've decided that if I think I can set up and design a web store for someone that I had better learn how to master my own blog design first, so maybe over the next few weeks, you will see new and different changes to the site. I won't say improvements, because I don't know if it will be that.

First, maybe I should learn how to put pics on my blog. Blogs are ever so much more interesting if accompanied by pics, but I get so discouraged about the picture uploading and rearranging process that occurs that I don't upload any pics.

This blog is really about nothing in particular:

Yesterday, I was with my 3 friends. Oh my, what good times. We discussed briefly this whole thing of loving people and if hormones can affect our ability or desire to love and if so, should they be allowed to. I am not going to say much about all of that, but I just now thought of something I had read that morning. It was a devotional reading by Nance Leigh Demoss and she was using the Bible verses of Colossians 3:12 and 14. Verse 12 says: "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience." NIV. This is a good verse and sounds like a lot of really good qualities, but then verse 14 clinches it: "And over all these virtues, put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." Without love, everything else we do is pointless. And yet, so often we try to make God out to be such a God of love that He would never condemn anyone to hell. What is the balance here?

That is very abstract, but something I thought about. Better go help get pizza on for supper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee

PRECIOUS CHILD