Still by Jenny L Donnelly

Still

7 ways to find calm in the chaos

"I wonder what would happen if we begged God to change us with the same desperation we ask him to change someone else?"  Okay, with quotes like that, my toes are thoroughly stomped on.

The purpose of this book is to help us learn to live in REST, to rely on God completely and learn to bask in His presence all the time. If I have it right, it's to live in the eye of the tornado, where chaos is swirling around us, but we are not upset or frustrated by it.

The concept is good, I think a lot of the points are spot on and made me say wow, that is good.  I think someone who is living on the edge and frustrated and grasping would gain a lot of benefit from it.

I would say for myself, it wasn't necessarily the right season. It's wintertime, life is a bit slower for me right now, I don't feel fully caught in the chaos of life. I can certainly go there, I do feel like right in this immediate timeframe there is a lot of stuff going on, but I also feel I have a pretty good handle on it. Now that I said that, everything will probably blow up in my face and I'll be a nervous wreck. Basically, what I'm saying is this book didn't fully connect with me. I didn't think as I was reading that I really needed this book. I will also say that some of the breathing out the frustration and breathing in God is a little out there for me. I am not saying it wouldn't work, but I hesitate a bit on stuff like that.

There is another quote I want to leave you with, one that I do need to remember: Grace - "supernatural empowerment that is provided at the exact moment we need it and to the exact measure we need it."

I received this book from Revell and was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche