Dying to Meet Jesus by Randy Kay

Dying to Meet Jesus

How Encountering Heaven Changed My Life

I got this book by mistake, I clicked the wrong button when I was requesting my review books. When I got the book, I read the back and thought, oh this might have been a good mistake. This looks intriguing. Listen:

"Kay had spent most of his adult years as a devout agnostic. Then one day, after an accident that ended his life, he met the One he had sought to disprove. From that time, though many challenges lay ahead, his sense of emptiness was transformed into genuine joy."

In reality, that is not what the book is about, Kay was an agnostic until, I would guess, his mid-20's. While an agnostic, he did have an accident that should have killed him, but he walked away unscathed and still an agnostic.

There was no accident that resulted in him nearly dying. It was a medical condition. His near-death experience is fascinating and plausible, but I struggled to make sense of what happened before the experience and what happened afterward.  He had been a Christian at the time and while I believe the experience gave him a deeper sense of purpose, I don't see that it changed that much about his life.  Some of the time frames didn't seem to fit together quite right.

I don't like leaving a negative review but I have to be honest, this book was not for me. And I feel like I could have had a negative bias before I started, but I was truly fascinated to read the story after I received the book. It was all just a bit charismatic and out there for me. The next person may love it and totally relate, but I can't

I did find a few quotes that I thought were good. "...I needed to live life through brokenness to realize God's abundance."

"Remembering how God got you through the past provides evidence that He can do it for you again."

I received this book from Chosen and was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche