What I'm Making


Aeroplane (airplane) quilt block 
Last year I had a goal of sewing many, many quilts. That got derailed a bit because of running a home bakery last summer, but I still managed to sew quite a few. But this year, I recognized from the beginning that quantity wasn't going to be a focus this year: there's just the plan to have too much going on this year. 
Mom makes a quilt for each of her grandchildren when they turn ten and she really wants to get those finished this year, just to have them done. There are four left to do and the above picture is an example of the one I sewed on already this year. It's not a true example because I couldn't get my sample block to send via email so I could post it. So that one is about half-sewed and the next one is started. Today, we hope to finish cutting the last one and I hope to have them all sewed up by the middle of February, my part at least. Mom often sews them together and always puts the borders on. Let's say that laying out a quilt at my house with a mischievous 17-month-old who gets a gleam in his eye at the idea of doing something just a bit naughty does not work very well.
Anyway, after that I have a few other fun quilts I would like to sew, five others that are already cut and some fun crib quilts as well that I want to do this year. So that's the big project that I'm making right now.
Other things I'm working on include Amber's baby book scrapbook, which she is excited about. And then there's the cross stitch quilt blocks which I am determined to get done in the next couple years. And I say years, yes, because these are quite detailed and in depth and take a VERY LONG TIME. I am hoping to get one done this month and I'm not sure I will make it and I have already worked on it a long time. Next month, I want to keep track how many hours it takes me. 
And then, of course, I am making food: yummy food mostly, but also trying to calorie count, so some of the really yummy stuff has to stay as individual ingredients. Did you know that a piece of double chocolate biscotti has over 300 calories? Yeah, I haven't been able to enjoy a whole piece yet, so I'm not even sure it's good. But if you come over, I will give you a piece to go with your coffee. I just haven't been willing to indulge and use my precious calories for that yet. 
So there's that aspect of my life currently. Next up is What I'm Drinking which I think I will likely combine with What I'm Reading. Because I can only wax so eloquent about drinks!!
And what are you making this winter?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche