The Time-Saving Mom by Crystal Paine

 


How to Juggle a Lot, Enjoy Your Life, and Accomplish What Matters Most

You might say, not another time management book, and if you do, you mirror Crystal's original thought too when asked to write this book. This book gives details to a very simple plan. Sadly, there are no fancy planners or fun pens, which I love, but that is also a good thing. All you need is some paper and Google calendar. 

Crystal outlines four steps to good time management, stressing that time is like money and should be budgeted out. The first step is by far the most important in my opinion. It is to pray over your day. Ask God for guidance, for direction, for help along the way. Be detailed, be specific and be ready to pray all throughout the day. 

Another guideline she gives is to brain dump everything into Google calendar. This one feels a little out there for me yet, as I don't use Google calendar for much of anything, but I think I will try it out and see how it works. A time-blocked to-do list is the other method for planning your day. I have long wanted to use a time-blocked to-do list, but felt that it might not be necessary and maybe even detrimental in my stage of life, but Crystal explains it as time budgeting. You put your most important things down first and then fit the rest in, leaving lots of margin for your day. 

I could go on about the evening and morning routines and the habit blockers, etc. Suffice it to say that Crystal's book made so much sense to me and I am excited to put some of the principles into practice for me. I highly recommend this book if you are looking to make some easy changes to gain more control over your life. For me, right now, in the winter, I need it to help me be productive. In the summer, I will need it to help me stay on top of the crazy busyness and hopefully still have a tiny bit of margin in my day. 

I received this book from Bethany House and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche