secrets of sex & marriage by Shaunti Feldhahn and Dr. Michael Sytsma

 



8 Surprises That Make All the Difference

This is a book that's a bit hard to talk about and review.  I found the book helpful and insightful, but also deeply personal to the point that I'm not super comfortable sharing a lot about it in a personal manner.

However, I would recommend this to every married couple out there: there is something for everyone here and the authors did their research thoroughly in the writing of this book. 

A few things that stuck out to me that are applicable in all areas of marriage that I will mention here are communication and acceptance.  Talk things over. Learn to have the hard conversations. Learn to listen and hear what the other person is saying both in their words and actions.

Acceptance: don't focus on what your spouse isn't, focus on who they are and be grateful for that. 

"Once you truly accept that your spouse isn't everything you wanted, you can see and enjoy what you've got."  Our spouses are not perfect and are not going to do everything to our method and style, but we aren't perfect either and we aren't going to do everything the way our spouse wants either, so extend grace and love in the midst of it all.

"A couple seeking intimacy and healthy oneness in their marriage is pursuing the heart of God."

I did enjoy this book and am grateful for the things I learned. I received this book from Bethany House and was not required to write a positive review.  All opnions expressed are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche