The Bible Recap by Tara-Leigh Cobble

 


Almost a year ago, I posted my review of the Bible Recap, the book itself. You can read that here if you want to. Now Tara-Leigh Cobble has come out with the study guide and a journal to go with the Bible Recap. There is just something about Bible Study guides and journals that pull me in and so I have both of them beside me right now. I haven't done them, I haven't read the Bible Recap book yet either, but it's on my list of things to do for 2022. 

The Study Guide is a fairly thick book and is divided out in a Bible reading plan that matches the Bible Recap reading plan. It is meant to accompany either the book or the podcast though I suppose you could use it as a stand alone perhaps, though I don't think it could feel a bit fragmented. Each section seems to have at least four questions that go along with that day's reading. They seem to be questions that are based off of the reading and not so much thought-provoking questions that make me dig into my own heart and see what I can learn for myself from this passage. Obviously, I can still do that without the study guide's help. 

But that's also where the Bible Recap Journal comes in at. It again is divided out according to the Bible reading plan, but each day has the same three questions or statements you need to answer. 1. Things I loved/learned/noticed: 2. Questions/things I want to research 3. God shot. And then at the bottom of the page is a quote or a little prayer. 

I'm excited to use both of these things though I feel like it might be a lot to keep up with. Until I read the Bible passage, then read the Bible Recap and fill out the study guide and journal.....it feels like a lot of different books. Obviously, no one is demanding that I do all the things at the same time. And since I'm not planning to use this in 2022 as my main devotions or to get through it in one year, I can take all the time I need to fill it out. If it takes me two or three days for one day's reading, that's okay. 

I really like these books and am looking forward to using them. I received these books from Bethany House and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche