The Bible Recap by Tara-Leigh Cobble

 


A One-Year Guide to Reading and Understanding the Entire Bible

That sounds like a very lofty statement. Understanding the entire Bible? Is that really something  you can do in one year? I think after reading the heart of Tara-Leigh Cobble her desire is for us to understand it better and to enjoy Bible reading. She talks about the mistakes she made in reading the Bible and how once she was able to read the Bible as a story in chronological order helped her to make sense of the confusion she often felt when reading it. This is what she says about it:

"I spent years trying to build my life around a book I hadn't read about a God I didn't know. But now that I really know Him, I want to help others know Him better too!"

I have not read the entire book. I already had plans for this year's devotions and decided not to change, but I am looking forward to using it perhaps next year. I have heard quite a bit of good about this book from someone I follow on Instagram and so I am excited to use it.

The format is a daily reading followed by a commentary on that passage. Every reading also has a God shot, a place where she talks about God's attributes or character that was on display in that day's reading. She also encourages you to find your own God shot, something that stuck out to you. January 1 starts with Genesis 1, but then proceeds in chronological order so you might be flipping back and forth between different books of the Bible, but the idea is to read the story in the order it happened. 

I received this book from Bethany House and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche