The Basic Bible Atlas by John A. Beck

 


A Fascinating Guide to the Land of the Bible

It took me a long time to pick this book up. When I requested that I wanted to review it, I was thinking it would be what the title says: an atlas. Then I got it and it was filled with writing in small print and it looked more like a textbook than anything and I lost interest. So here I am, months later, finally reviewing it.

And to be honest, I was surprised. It is full of writing and full of maps, but I found it interesting as John gave a look at the lay of the land and how it related to different eras in the Bible, starting with Creation. I found the book informative and well-written. It provided a better view of how the geography and the Bible interconnected and how the lay of the land affected the stories. And once again, I realized that Israel was not just a fertile soil that produced crops with ease, it was a hard land that required much labor, but it was still the land that God gave to His people.

I received this book from Baker Books and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche