Daring to Live by Sheri Hunter

 


How the Power of Sisterhood and Taking Risks can Jump-Start Your Joy

What do sky-diving, white-water rafting, zip lining, motorcycle riding, etc. have in common? They take Sheri Hunter out of her comfort zone and force her to find strength to move on. In facing her fears through physical feats, she is also able to face her fears inside of herself and find joy in life once again.

Her husband, Mannard, was her rock. They had a good marriage with dreams for the future until one day when it is all cut short. Mannard suffers a heart attack and dies at only 50 years of age. Sheri is devastated and unsure of how to move on. There were so many things Mannard took care of and now she is left to flounder on her own.

But she has a group of friends who has been there for each other and they stand by her now. They stand by her and encourage her to take risks. They become known as the Dare Divas, and while they have some rough spots, they are committed to standing together and this enables Sheri to get up and keep moving and to find joy in her life again, to realize that she can go on after Mannard's death. 

"A truly bold life is lived in the small moments, by choosing what God has called us to do. It's not letting the what-ifs hold us back. It's loving extravagantly, helping those in need, and being a good friend through the peaks and valleys of life."

"When God has me waiting, I've come to know that he is working on me as I wait."

These two quotes are ones I need to remember. I can get bored in the small moments, feeling that what I am doing is not really significant, but it is in those small moments that I can make the best choices--choosing to do what God has called me in loving my family well and treasuring every moment with them. It is in this quietness that God can use me and prune me to be the person He wants me to be and I want to be open to that. 

I received this book from Baker Books and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche