My Unedited Writing Year: 365 Invitations to Free Your Creativity and the Writer Within by Hope Lyda

My Unedited Writing Year: 365 Invitations To Free Your Creativity And The Writer Within by Hope Lyda

For some time now, I have been wanting to do more purposeful writing. While I don't consider myself a professional at all, I do enjoy the craft of writing and trying to put words to my thoughts. This book looks like a great opportunity to practice my writing skills along with helping me to think outside of the box in what I'm writing about.

I have not read the entire book. To me, this is not the kind of book you sit down and read from cover to cover. I think that might drown whatever spark of creativity you had when you started if you were to read all 365 invitations at once. I plan to keep this book close and use it on a regular basis in 2020 and maybe even beyond.

Some of the creative invitations included in this book are: "Write a permission slip for yourself to do something, to be something, or to create something you've held back from pursuing." or "Turn your attention to a secondhand object. Write about its journey or about an imagined previous owner."  I mean how fun would that be?

There are a few different categories these invitations fall into: Writing Practice and Nonfiction, Life Journey, Spiritual Inspiration, Fiction and Poetry, and Creativity Jump Starts.

I enjoy blogging and I'm looking forward to creating some blog posts using some of these creative inspirations. I just think it could be so much fun.

Since I got an ARC copy and an e-book, this will be a book I will keep my eyes open for after it has been released. Having a paper copy would be so much easier to follow along with, I think.

I received this book from Harvest House via NetGalley and was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

April Reads

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee