The Daily Question for you and your child


 3 Years, 365 questions, 1,095 conversations

What do you like that most other kids don't?
What is your favorite thing to do during the summer?
If you could start today over, would you?
Who do you want to be like when you grow up?
If you could do something crazy with your hair, what would you do?

This is a sampling of the 365 questions to ask your child. Some are thought-provoking, some are insightful, some are funny, and some are purely hypothetical.  I think the concept is great: it could be a fun way to engage your kids in conversation. And while the conversation could start out funny, it could potentially lead to deeper conversations and better relationships. At least that is the idealistic version I see. The realistic version recognizes that keeping up with the questions could be a challenge in and of itself.

I have a three year old and an almost one year old. I don't think I will be using this book right now. Most of the questions are way beyond her comprehension, but I think in about three years it would be fun to do and then maybe skip a few years and do it again that way. I also think, since there are five lines per question per year, you could ask a couple children the same question and record all their answers in one book.

Even if you don't want to do the journaling part, using the book as a conversation starter at supper would be a great way to get some lively conversation going. You could then fill in the gist of the conversation later or leave it blank, though I think you would never regret filling it in.  I can see a lot of fun potential with this book and I look forward to using it some time.

Another neat thing is the front of the book where it says "The Daily Question" is actually a photo slot so you can put a picture of your child, you and your child, your family, whatever you would like there and make the book even more personalized.

I received this book from Waterbrook and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche