God Always Keeps His Promises by Max Lucado




Unshakable Hope for Kids

This is a beautiful Bible Story book. Let's start with that. I will admit to being surprised when I got it. I apparently didn't read the book description very well because I didn't realize it was a Bible story book. I thought it was just a regular story book. But like I said it is really pretty. It's a nice hard cover, about 8.5 x 11, with really nice illustrations.

One thing I like about this Bible story book is it would cover a wide age range. Each chapter has about four parts. First, there's an intro. For example in the chapter about God's Promise for You called God will Give you an Inheritance, there's an intro that talks about being an heir, etc. Then there's the actual Bible story about the Israelites conquering Jericho. Then there's a part  about how we can become God's heir, a small section of making a promise to God, a short prayer and then finally a whole page of Bible verses that go with the story theme.

So back to the wide age range. My three year old can grasp the actual Bible story and maybe the intro.  But to sit through the explanation on how the story applies to her life or to listen to the Bible verses, that is way above her head.  But in the next few years, she will be able to grasp each section a little more and I like that because one book will last for quite a few years.

I do like the sections of  "My Promise to God" and also the prayer. I think it can help make the life lessons more applicable.
 
There are only about 25 Bible stories in this book, so it's definitely not comprehensive, but it does give a nice overview.

I received this book from Book Look Bloggers and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee

PRECIOUS CHILD