Pelican Point by Irene Hannon

PELICAN POINT: A Hope Harbor Novel by Irene Hannon, Irene

A Hope Harbor Novel

This is the first book by Irene Hannon that I have read, so I can't compare her books, but there were some really good pieces in this book.

I will say though that I didn't like the mild swearing in this book. That is a negative to me.

The setting is Oregon and a lighthouse that is in bad disrepair. Ben, the hero, inherits it when his grandfather dies. Marci has come to call Hope Harbor home and flies into action to save the lighthouse. She is a red head with the instant temper to match. So they butt heads while of course falling in love.  So that part of the story was typical typical typical, but still well done.

The part of the book that I really liked and I give Irene high points for adding is the side story of Greg and Rachel. Relatively newly weds when Greg lost his leg from an IED, the couple is struggling to survive. Greg has retreated inside himself and refuses to make any effort to increase his physical mobility, to work on his marriage, or even to improve his own outlook on life. An ultimatum from his wife and a visit from his brother give him a kick start and the lighthouse project helps to give him a focus again. I just really liked how she brought in this side story. I liked how it was a married couple that found new life for their marriage instead of just two singles finding each other. Granted that was the main theme of the book with Ben and Marci, but Greg and Rachel were pretty big players in the book too.

And then there's Charley from Charley's Tacos. He makes the best fish tacos around and has a keener perception of life. He reminds me of a guardian angel with his almost other worldly outlook and sixth sense about him.

I did enjoy this book and will definitely consider reading more of Irene Hannon's books in the future. I received this book from Revell and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

Five Lies of our Anti-Christian Age by Rosario Butterfield