The Sea Before Us by Sarah Sundin

The SEA BEFORE US

This was the first book I read by Sarah and I hope it won't be the last. I really enjoyed her writing.  I like to post my reviews within a day of finishing the book so it is fresh in my memory, but due to an emergency trip, I'm about 12 days late and so I hope I can pull this together in a way that makes sense and expresses the good content of this book.

Yes, it's the normal boy meets girl or maybe girl meets boy, but there is some good truths in here along with some interesting history.  The story is centered around D-Day and all the preparation that went into it. Dorothy was one of the people who took pictures people sent in and helped piece together a layout of the Normandy beaches to help plan the best strategic mission. Wyatt was in the Navy and helped plan the mission and execute it as well. Of course, they are fiction, but it was interesting to read some of the strategy involved.

One of Wyatt's most common phrases was, "It's the right thing to do." He would do difficult things because it was the right thing. We could learn from that, that commitment to do right.

Wyatt also had a strong faith in God that served him well. He had left home under a bad situation, but he clung to God and eventually was able to forgive himself for the mistakes he had made and even the accident he hadn't caused but had taken responsibility for.

I appreciated the book's emphasis on God and trusting Him. There was some twists in the story you really didn't expect when reading the back cover, but that added a lot to the story.  I look forward to reading the next book in this series, about Wyatt's brother Adler.

I received this book from Revell Publishing and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee

PRECIOUS CHILD