The Berenstain Bears Read-Along Classics

The Berenstain Bears 5-Minute Inspirational Stories: Read-Along Classics (Berenstain Bears/Living Lights) by [Berenstain w/ Mike Berenstain, Stan and Jan]

5-Minute Inspirational Stories by Stan and Jan Berenstain with Mike Berenstain

I may have mentioned my love of the Berenstain Bears a time or so on here when I've done reviews of their books. Their Living Lights Series is a Christian-based series that teaches godly principles. This book is a collection of 12 stories including:

The Berenstain Bears God Loves You! (in spite of who you are or what you do)
The Berenstain Bears Say Their Prayers (God hears our prayers and answers but not always how we think.)
The Berenstain Bears Love Their Neighbors (A bear version of the Good Samaritan)

And so on.

I do love the good principles that are taught throughout the book through forgiveness, not gossiping, etc. My only complaint is one little filler/swear word. I consider it a swear word yet, but in our day, I think it is so common that people don't even think of it as a swear word. I'm not saying that it makes it right or wrong, it's just a word I don't want my daughter learning to say.

I read bits and pieces of the book to my two-year-old, but mostly just read it to myself. She does like Berenstain Bears, but we were outside so her attention span wasn't as long as normal.

The illustrations are as good as always. The stories are divided into paragraphs with the pictures scattered throughout.

It's a lovely padded book perfect for gift giving. I wasn't that keen on reading that many stories to my daughter anyway because this book is going to get tucked away in the drawer for a future gift. It's too pretty not to give as a gift. It's a bigger book, more like an 8.5 x 11 size and then is 3/4 to an inch thick.

This book was given me by Book Look Bloggers. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

April Reads

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee