Burning Proof by Janice Cantore

Burning Proof by Janice Cantore

If you like some suspense and mystery with a good clean Christian twist to it, Janice is your author to read.  I think this is the fourth book of hers that I've read and I'm on pins and needles hoping to get the next book in this current series when it comes out.

Janice is a retired police officer so she can write from experience. It's a continuation of the story from the first book Drawing Fire of Abby Hart's search to find out what really happened when her mom and dad's restaurant was burned and her mom and dad murdered.  But the story didn't end with this second book yet either and I am sure there is much more suspense to be had in the next book.

Abby had a crisis of faith during this book in which she wanted to just hide, but some blunt honest words from her aunt forced her to reconsider what her foundation was and she realized that God was not the Rock in her life like she needed Him to be. Re-establishing that enabled her to be ready to go and face the world again. That is what every person needs to come face to face with: what is the foundation of  your life based upon? Your own whims and fancies or the solid, undeniable truths of the Bible and the person of Jesus Christ.

I could not be a police officer and be a Christian, because I believe God calls for nonresistance. However, I am not going to say that there are no Christian police officers because I really feel like there are and that they can help to keep the world as sane and safe as possible. And maybe this is duplicitous, but I really do enjoy a good Christian mystery like this as well.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for good clean reading. There is a hint of romance, but even that didn't materialize yet like I expected by the end of this book. It remains at really just a very small  part of the book, though I'm convinced I know what's going to happen there.

This book was given me by Tyndale Publishers for the purpose of reading and writing a review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee