Undetected by Dee Henderson

This book was given to me by Bethany House Publishers for the purpose of writing a review.

I like Dee Henderson.  She is a good author, but in my opinion her best works were the O'Malley series and everything else is just a little beneath that level.  However, she did do a very good job with this one and I did really like it.

The plot is the normal man and woman falling in love, etc., but the surrounding story was almost over my head.  It was a Navy story with the leading man being a submarine commander and the leading lady being a civilian with a brain I can't even dream about.  In college at the age of 14, she had made some amazing discoveries by the age of 29.  Cross-sonor, sending pings without being heard, discovering other subs by the quiet they create, etc. etc.  It blows my mind how a mind could even pull all this out.  I have to remember it is fiction, but there must be some element of truth to the ideas or Dee wouldn't use them?  Or is it all just fiction?  I didn't do my research to figure that out.

Some interesting elements in the story are Gina, the leading lady, has to choose between 2 men, Mark Bishop, commander of the USS Nevada Sub and Daniel Fields, sonor tech on the USS Nebraska.  She, of course, chooses Mark, who has informed her with all confidence that he knows she will and that he can be a very good husband if she will only give him a chance.

All-in-all I would recommend the book to a fiction lover.  This one gets high marks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

Five Lies of our Anti-Christian Age by Rosario Butterfield