A Moment in Time by Tracie Peterson

This book was given to me by Bethany House for the purpose of writing a review about it. 

This was a great chick flick that I read in about 2 days or so.  A couple of months ago I had posted a review about "A Sensible Arrangement" by Tracie Peterson.  This was the sequel to that and focused a little more on Alice who had been hired to be Marty's personal maid in Colorado.  The economy took a serious downturn causing Jake and Marty to lose everything and they returned to Texas, very much against the will of Marty who blamed Texas for the bad things that had happened to her.  

Alice falls in love with Marty's nephew, Robert, and he with her and they lived happily ever after.  There was, of course, the normal fiasco, where Alice ran off because she thought Robert was engaged to another woman and didn't want to come between them.  

There's one paragraph I want to put on here that stuck out to me tonight as I was reading.  Robert was talking to his dad about marriage.  These are the words of his dad and good ones they are. 

"Then stay close to God, son.  If you're right with the Lord,  everything else will fall into place. It doesn't mean there won't be ups and downs, but He will be a strong support in times of need"

That is some good advice for every person to heed.  Staying close to God won't necessarily prevent trouble, but it will give you the strength to bear up under it.  When I think back to the last few months and the loss of our little girl, I don't know how people go through loss like that without God to lean on.  I want to do my best to stay close to God and allow Him to be my comfort and strength.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

Five Lies of our Anti-Christian Age by Rosario Butterfield