Critical Reaction

Yes, I know another book review.  This book was given to me by Bethany House Publishers for the sole purpose of writing a review about it.

Critical Reaction by Todd Johnson was not a book I would have normally picked up to read.  I picked it because, of course, I didn't want a month to slip by that I didn't try to get a book to review.  If you love mystery and intrigue than you would like this book.

D and I both read it and for a bit on Sunday evening, I was reading it aloud so we could both know what was going on as I had caught up to where he was at.  He then finished the book while I did the responsible thing and went to bed.  I quickly finished it the next morning before going to work.

The plot is based on a nuclear plant in the desert that had an explosion.  One of the guys hurt in the explosion was trying to sue, but it seemed like a lost cause, but of course, throughout the book, they were able to gather enough evidence to win the trial in the end.

One of the things that did impress me about the book was the way that the author was able to weave together multiple characters and keep the story flowing.  He had multiple stories going within the main story and yet I never lost track of what was going on.  That requires some talent.

It was a good book--one that held my attention and made me wonder exactly what was going to happen.  Well, like most fiction books, you already know what is going to happen, but how is the author going to get to the end point is more the question.

I enjoyed the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee