Pie a Week for a Year Project

Maybe I should start out with a before and after picture of the two of us, so you can see what this project cost us in terms of enlarged girth and new clothes. No, I don't honestly think it will be quite like that.



Last evening, D and I went on a walk and we were talking about pie for some reason and I made this comment about how I could probably make a different pie every week for a year and not duplicate. D seemed a little dubious, so I named as many as I could think of, which only amounted to about 28. But then I was on to a notion and for those of you who know me, when I get on to something I am driven by it until I get it taken care of. It's not the most useful processing of the brain I have, but it works at time. So when I came home, I grabbed 3 cookbooks and wrote down the months and projected 4 pies a month for the rest of year with a few as misc for when I need a different idea or have already made all my pies. Do I think I will actually get 50 pies made this year? I don't know, but I am going to give it my best effort to make a pie a week and never duplicate the kind. Now there might be 3 apple pies but they will all be a bit different.



Pie No. 1: Cherry Pie. Dave made one night when he made supper

Pie No. 2: Peanut Butter Pie. We had this one last Sunday for lunch. This has got to be one of the top of the line for pies.

Pie No. 3: Lemon Meringue Pie

Now, I am quite well aware of the poor quality of this photo and yes, I know, I should have added food coloring to make it look more lemony, but hey, I saved us a few chemicals this way. It was my first experience with meringue and I need a little practice, but was quite delighted with the way it turned out. I am not going to tell you how long this pie has been sitting around so therefore you won't know how much we ate at one time.

So that is the beginning of the pie contest. Maybe I will post pictures and make you guess what kind of pie it is or something. I won't make one next week because we are going to New York City and I am so excited!!!!!!!!

Good bye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

April Reads

PRECIOUS CHILD