It's Monday

Today is Monday. The company is going home, but the real work is only beginning.  Even for me, I am able to go home and somewhat forget about the events of the past two weeks. But mom? She is faced with it every day, every evening when Dad's little white truck doesn't come rattling up the driveway, she is reminded that this is the new normal.  That breaks my heart.  To go to family dinners and Dad's seat is empty; his chair sitting unused in the living room, those are the things that drive me to tears much more than the well-wishers of the past few days.  Don't get me wrong--I appreciated every one of you, but my tears had left me. I felt dry-eyed and numb.

But now?  I don't know.  Life goes on and we find a new normal and as Dan preached yesterday, we will try to learn to fly again, but until that pray for us, especially Mom as she is the one that has to face this the most head-on of all of us.

I love you Mom and I'm sorry Mother's Day was not so happy this year.

I know some of you are looking for a recap of that last day with Dad and someday I will write about it.  Will it be this week?  I don't know for sure.  We will see, but keep checking back.  I will someday write it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche