Authentic Worship by A.W. Tozer

 


The Path to Greater Unity With God

"True worship is to feel in the heart and to express a humbling but delightful sense of admiration and astonished wonder and overwhelming love in the presence of...'the Lord our God.'"

Has God got my voice? Am I using it to talk about Him? Is worshiping God my highest priority, above all else, because out of that worship flows everything else. That is the gist of the book, a full surrender to worship.

It's a book that should be read slowly and thoughtfully. I read it too fast and didn't quite enjoy it like I would I think if I would have read slowly and thoughtfully. The writing style is also a bit different than I would be generally used to reading and it calls for a more thorough reading. 

"If, when I go to work on Monday morning, I'm not as enthusiastic or passionate about worshipping God as I was the day before, maybe what I did the day before wasn't really worship."

I enjoyed the book and have it written down to read it again, slowly. 

I received this book from Bethany House and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche